"Smelly Snow":

The setting of this comic is in a classroom. There is a small boy in the comic holding up his hand to catch a single dandruff from his teacher, whereas the teacher is telling the whole class to stop telling him that it is snowing. I am trying to portray the innocence of the child and the stubbornness of the teacher for not explaining and not allowing the children from asking what is all this "snow". Now, being banned from asking questions, the child has a very shock expression on his face mixed with a little bit of confusion, which tells us that the child, not being allowed to clarify his doubts, is confused about his teacher's definition of snow, due to the teacher's lack of explanation. Perhaps the teacher think that the children are just trying to be funny and mock at him and ignore their questions. However, considering that the children are still very young, the teacher should try to understand that the children are asking him out of pure innocence and curiosity. All of this is caused by the lack of understanding between the two parties. The teacher is wearing a suit, a tie and a pair of leather shoes. This characterized him as a very neatly attired teacher and showed that they are in a proper school. However, the child has only a few strands of hair, a pair of big watery eyes and a mouth with only two front tooth, clearly showing his innocence. All in all, I used the school to represent a strict place that do not allow any jokes. However, the children asked questions that is viewed by the teacher to be mocking him and did not allow them to ask anymore, causing the child to be confused. My message behind the comic is to tell teachers to allow some space for children to clarify their doubts and not be too strict with them and try and understand what they are thinking.
1 comments:
I like how you describe your characters. You have done a great job to bring out the feelings of the characters. I feel that this is a very funny comic as the children does not seem to understand what snow flakes are, such as to mistake the teacher's dandruff for snow flakes. The boy in the picture showed a very funny expression which will make people who see this laugh. I could easily tell that the kid was confused. Although the teacher looks neat, the fact that dandruff was falling from his hair made him look disgusting.
I like how you describe your characters. You have done a great job to bring out the feelings of the characters. I feel that this is a very funny comic as the children does not seem to understand what snow flakes are, such as to mistake the teacher's dandruff for snow flakes. The boy in the picture showed a very funny expression which will make people who see this laugh. I could easily tell that the kid was confused. Although the teacher looks neat, the fact that dandruff was falling from his hair made him look disgusting.
ReplyDelete