I learnt a lot of knowledge from the Language Arts program. The thing that I feel I benefited most from is learning characterization for essay writing. We could describe and show the characters’ personality through many methods, for example dialogues, description of appearance and also show but not tell, and from all these methods, we can subdivide them into many other categories. Through characterisation, we could make our fictional characters come alive and let readers have a physical idea on how they are.
I like the program whenever we have discussions and presentations because if we listen intently, we could gain a lot from many classmates’ point of view for some questions. For example, many of us had different ideas on the purpose of the use of a particular metaphor. Furthermore, the lesson would be very lively and interesting because many of us would express our own thoughts.
I like the lesson especially when we analysed the different texts in “To Kill A Mockingbird” and also the lesson on seeing what literary devices are used by the authors to describe the settings. Spotting the literary devices are very fun and challenging, and having a chance to express my opinion and hearing others’ view is simply satisfying.
Almost everything is perfect and nicely planned. The only thing that I wish to see an amendment and improvement is that I hope to have more group discussions and presentations in groups so that lesson would be more exciting! Also, I think that every student must participate actively in each discussion and not the same people voicing out their opinions each time.
No comments:
Post a Comment